CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

For the little people known as kindergarteners...

Today I will begin blogging about my adventures, learnings, and thoughts towards teaching. My experiences in education are not as vast as some others, but I believe they are valuable. I believe in our children, even those who are often seen as unlikely to succeed. I thrive when I see young people growing and learning in unique and exciting ways. My hope for all of my students is that they learn at least one thing while they are in my classroom...I want them to know that, "They are special, and they CAN learn". So many students that I meet day to day have been told that they can't, I want to share with my students that they CAN and they WILL. There is a moment, when you have been working with a child for a while, when all of a sudden you see the glimmer in the child's eye...the moment when the child realizes that they have had success. It is these moments that drive me to continue my learning as an educator...it is these moments that get me through all of the challenges I face each day in the classroom.

Saturday, August 6, 2011

Hop, Hop, Hop...learning to count!



We start the year off by learning the numbers 1-10. This year I want my kiddos to know the know not only the number, but how to count to 10 and the words for each number very quickly at the beginning of the school year. I created this fun game for two with that in mind. The game can be played two different ways. First, you can use the fly cards with numbers on them to play with the number word mats. Or you could use the fly counting cards with the number mats to practice counting and number recognition. I will post all of the different pages and you can use them however you please! You will have to print two of each page in order to have enough supplies for games for two kids. As you can see above I printed the lily pads on blue card stock.

Lily Pad Hop Number Mats

Lily Pad Hop Number Words Mat

Flies With Numbers

Flies for Counting

2 comments:

Miss Toffee said...

These activities look fun. I have posted similar activities a wee while ago on my own blog.

Thanks for sharing.

Claire
http://misstoffeesclass.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

Thanks for directing me to your blog! I love the activities you made, and if I taught older grades I would totally use them. They are just too advanced for my kindergartners. I also love those frogs you found. The frogs I found at the dollar store are just regular plastic frogs, they don't hop! Thanks for visiting:)!