CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

For the little people known as kindergarteners...

Today I will begin blogging about my adventures, learnings, and thoughts towards teaching. My experiences in education are not as vast as some others, but I believe they are valuable. I believe in our children, even those who are often seen as unlikely to succeed. I thrive when I see young people growing and learning in unique and exciting ways. My hope for all of my students is that they learn at least one thing while they are in my classroom...I want them to know that, "They are special, and they CAN learn". So many students that I meet day to day have been told that they can't, I want to share with my students that they CAN and they WILL. There is a moment, when you have been working with a child for a while, when all of a sudden you see the glimmer in the child's eye...the moment when the child realizes that they have had success. It is these moments that drive me to continue my learning as an educator...it is these moments that get me through all of the challenges I face each day in the classroom.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

31 Days...

Yikes! 31 days from today will be the start of a new school year. It is hard to believe that the last weeks of summer are upon us! That being said, it is time for me to start my annual self led teacher renewal. Yes, that does in fact mean that I am going to be researching and discovering all sorts of fun and exciting things to hopefully try in my classroom over the course of the next school year!

Hence the inspiration for this blog! I am hoping to share all of those really great ideas that I find with all of you (and maybe a few originals along the way). There are so many people with so many great ideas...and I have decided that instead of just sharing with one or two people, I will share with the blogging community. In this blog you might find reviews of other blogs, helpful websites, and ideas that might be worth trying. Although I teach kindergarten, I have experience with other grade levels. I will share whatever I find as long as it as some value to creating a fresh start and bringing new ideas to the classroom!

No comments: