CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

For the little people known as kindergarteners...

Today I will begin blogging about my adventures, learnings, and thoughts towards teaching. My experiences in education are not as vast as some others, but I believe they are valuable. I believe in our children, even those who are often seen as unlikely to succeed. I thrive when I see young people growing and learning in unique and exciting ways. My hope for all of my students is that they learn at least one thing while they are in my classroom...I want them to know that, "They are special, and they CAN learn". So many students that I meet day to day have been told that they can't, I want to share with my students that they CAN and they WILL. There is a moment, when you have been working with a child for a while, when all of a sudden you see the glimmer in the child's eye...the moment when the child realizes that they have had success. It is these moments that drive me to continue my learning as an educator...it is these moments that get me through all of the challenges I face each day in the classroom.

Saturday, July 23, 2011

New Things!! Freebies inside!

It has been a few days since I have posted much of anything, and there IS a reason!! I have been busy working away on several fun new projects for my class. Here is a little sample of what has been going on...



Thanks to Kindergarten Crayons and Fabulous in First for sharing the awesome color/number freebies above. I printed their cards and then put them on cardstock, we will use them to play a class matching game throughout the year! I can't wait to try out these awesome ideas!

As for the other items, here they are! The game I Have, Who has is used in many classrooms. I have made a set of cards for the game using our STAR words for the beginning of the year, which are color and number words. Print on card stock and laminate to make your cards last longer! Feel free to use this activity, but please do not repost as your own! Don't forget, when playing the game, the first person to go reads only the BOTTOM of their card, place this card face up on the table throughout the game. The last person to go will be the person who is holding the card which matches the top of the starting card. Have fun playing:)!

I Have Who Has Color and Number Words

And for more color word practice, I made the My Book of Many Colors. After I made the book there was a copy sitting on our table and my kiddo decided he would like to try finding some colors! As you can see we used magazines to find pictures for each page. He also colored the words and then traced the words at the bottom of the page. This is a great activity for both preschool (like my little guy) and kindergarten. The book includes all of the following colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, white, brown, black, and gray. Enjoy:)!







And here is the document!
My Book of Many Colors

I have also been very busy crafting (thanks to Pinterest) things for my classroom. Those adorable little airplanes, which I will be using to hang great work from on a bulletin board, can be found here at parenting.com

I have mentioned before that I am always looking for ways to keep my kids in one place while in workshops and centers. I have made two of these great rugs which will be great for keeping fidgety bottoms in one place. The directions can be found at Family Fun .

It has been a busy week of crafting! And there are more projects on the way! Check back soon for more freebies!!! And don't forget to follow the blog so you will be notified when there are freebies available. The link to follow is on the left!

2 comments:

Fran Kramer said...

I love seeing the things I made for the blog created by you. This makes me so happy! Let me know how the kids like it and thanks for posting this.
Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

Heidi said...

I love the things you post on your blog and want to make sure that as many people as possible will see them and use them! You have amazing ideas!:)