CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

For the little people known as kindergarteners...

Today I will begin blogging about my adventures, learnings, and thoughts towards teaching. My experiences in education are not as vast as some others, but I believe they are valuable. I believe in our children, even those who are often seen as unlikely to succeed. I thrive when I see young people growing and learning in unique and exciting ways. My hope for all of my students is that they learn at least one thing while they are in my classroom...I want them to know that, "They are special, and they CAN learn". So many students that I meet day to day have been told that they can't, I want to share with my students that they CAN and they WILL. There is a moment, when you have been working with a child for a while, when all of a sudden you see the glimmer in the child's eye...the moment when the child realizes that they have had success. It is these moments that drive me to continue my learning as an educator...it is these moments that get me through all of the challenges I face each day in the classroom.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Freebie AND a giveaway...

Have you ever walked through a teacher store and thought, wow, if only I made enough money to buy everything!!! I certainly have thought about what I could do if I had the money to invest in some really quality premade centers. This weekend while taking a walk through the teacher store (and I quite literally walked all through the store to get to the very back where they store the laminating pages for my laminator), I saw so many great ideas. Unfortunately, the price tags were all outside of my "back to school budget".

So, I came home feeling slightly defeated thinking about all of the opportunities for learning there are in that store, and began to think about how I could provide some great opportunities for my students without spending all of my summer money! And tada...my thinking worked! Farm Animal Number Sequencing Puzzles. Although not entirely free (cost of paper, ink, and laminating), I love them! I think my students will, too. This center will also help my students learn the names of different animals before our farm field trip in the fall. The center includes 8 different animal puzzles, with number practice from 1-10. (This center works great for all of you mommies of preschoolers/kindergarteners/first graders! My little guy has been playing with it!)






The good news...I am going to give this fun farm puzzle set to all of my blog followers! All you have to do is comment on this post and leave me your email address. Then, I will email you the electronice version. Once you have the copy you simply print, laminate, and cut.

Even better...for two lucky blog followers I will do all of that work for you and send you not only the electronic version, but I will also send you a hard copy (via the mail or my car--dependingn on which is closer!) already laminated and cut! Oh, and it will be in a great little storage case! That's right...a completely ready to go center for TWO blog followers. Winners will be chosen by number at random.

And the best news...coming soon I will send each of you a second set of African animals with the numbers 10-20, via your email! Again, I will pick TWO lucky winners at random to receive this second set of sequencing puzzles laminated and ready to use in a fun storage case.

All you have to do to receive the puzzle and an opportunity to win the complete center...post your email in the comments section of this blog after signing up to follow on the left side.

If you want additional chances to win you can: post a link to this blog on facebook, post a link to my blog on your blog, or find a friend to sign up to follow my blog with your reference! If you do any of these things just post under the comments an additional time for each thing you have done:)!

7 comments:

Mrs. Noll said...

My email is allison.barber@ocps.net! I am so excited about your blog, and will be sharing how to sign up for freebies tomorrow!

Kat said...

My email is kathryn.jacoby@ocps.net! You have the BEST blog ever! Thank you so much for sharing all of your great ideas!

Westie said...

My email is erin_ebeck@yahoo.com. Thanks for sharing all of your great ideas. I look forward to reading more!

J-ROK said...

Am I too late? This is a great idea! lazygreenmama at gmail

Heidi said...

Never to late! I will email the activity out later tonight to everyone:)!

norobins said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
norobins said...

My email is norene.robinson@gmail.com. I am always looking for Puzzles! I saw your Farm Animal puzzles and loved them! I also saw your idea for name puzzles, Awesome! Thank You for good ideas!