CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

For the little people known as kindergarteners...

Today I will begin blogging about my adventures, learnings, and thoughts towards teaching. My experiences in education are not as vast as some others, but I believe they are valuable. I believe in our children, even those who are often seen as unlikely to succeed. I thrive when I see young people growing and learning in unique and exciting ways. My hope for all of my students is that they learn at least one thing while they are in my classroom...I want them to know that, "They are special, and they CAN learn". So many students that I meet day to day have been told that they can't, I want to share with my students that they CAN and they WILL. There is a moment, when you have been working with a child for a while, when all of a sudden you see the glimmer in the child's eye...the moment when the child realizes that they have had success. It is these moments that drive me to continue my learning as an educator...it is these moments that get me through all of the challenges I face each day in the classroom.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Kindergarten Overview

, WHello blog friends!

I have been busy this morning creating my Kindergarten Overview Packet. The idea is that we will spend the first two weeks of school going over some of the key concepts that students will be expected to know prior to the end of kindergarten. Most of these skills are taught in our school's pre K program, but unfortunately many of our students do not attend any kind of pre K. So, in an effort to review with those who have attended pre-K and to provide a quick overview for those who have not, I have created this packet. I will send all of this home in a folder on the very first day of school. Students will be expected to bring the folder back each day.

This morning I am posting just the parent letter and weekly, "What are we Learning?" pages. Check back later today for more practice pages.

What Are We Learning Overview

No comments: